|The Israeli silversmith
Weitzman calls himself a cosmic jewelry artist. For many years he has
been studying the Kabala, Tibetan Buddhism, the ancient Egypt and the
mysterious Atlantis. This gives him an inspiration for his marvelous
jewelry, all of which have deep symbolic meaning and do something to
the person, who wears them. "I want to create something that unites
people instead of divides them, something that transcends religion."
1. The concave ball of 'God's Word' (right) represents the consciousness that had entered all living beings at the time of Creation. On the ring, around the ball is the word Beresheet (Genesis). The cutaway sides show the words Pe (the mouth with which we speak) and Vayomer ('and God spoke'). Left back: Christ Consciousness.
2. In the pendant Merkaba with Prana sphere the female essence (the concave form) is in perfect balance with the male essence (the straight lines of the star). The Merkaba contributes to spiritual development, achieving harmony and connection with the higher inner self.
3. Personal Creation. The form of his pendant is based on a grain circle that was discovered in 1991 in a wheat field in Wessex. It contains scientific formulas, such as the Fibonacci sequence, Pi Value, the Seed of Life, and the Tree of Life. This piece of jewelry wants to connect us with the forces of creation and the cosmic language.
4. The Ring of Courage lets our fears disappear. The Hebrew text in the ring begins with the words: Cowardice is the worst of all characteristics. Fear is the gate that opens foolishness and shuts out wisdom. If fear creeps in, be aware that it is a figment of your own imagination.'
Ring there is no distinction between the outer side and inner
side. This symbol of oneness and wholeness is often sold as a
friendship or wedding ring.
6. On the band of the Genesa Crystal it says: 'The soul has three paths – man, freedom and light'. This derives from the Emerald Tablet of Thoth. This form attracts energy, purifies and harmonizes it and then emits it.
7. The Four Winds Ring is intended for those looking for the truth in their journey through life. One of the engraved phrases says: 'The further we travel, the less we know' and it comes from the Tao Te Ching.
8. The wide silver Jerusalem Ring with the cutout pattern from the Seed of Life and around it the Hebrew words Uro (foundation, basis) and Shalem (whole) that together comprise the word Jerusalem.
9. The Dragon Pendant symbolizes oneness. It is a combination of the Gordian knot and Ouroboros, the snake that bites its own tail eternally.
|Jerusalem and came
store with an immense display of stones. I went inside and told the
lady in the store that I was looking for a green stone, which I called
shamballa (Shamballa is the place where the Gods lived).”No” she said,
“I don't have that type of stone, but have a look at this stone. It
comes from another galaxy,” and once again she said “I don't have what
you are looking for.”
I woke up very frustrated and continued to be frustrated for three years. I visited dozens of psychics in the hope that someone would be able to explain my dream, but they all turned out to be charlatans."
The will of a higher being
In 1998 a friend visited David. The friend told him that a very strangely behaving hobo was wandering on the street in front of his house. "We went together to just check it out and as soon as I opened the door, the man began to shout at me: 'You are searching for a green stone!' He was very confused, I hardly understood him. He also shouted things like: 'I once had gold, now I only have iron.' He used alchemist concepts to express the fact that he traded his treasure for rubbish.
Two weeks after this incident a friend brought me a book, 'The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the Atlantean'. A few days later when I leafed through the book, the penny fell; this was my green stone, Shamballa, the emerald from my dream! The Emerald Tablet (or Tabula Smaragdina) comes from Egypt. It is written in the Phoenician language and translated by Hermes Trismegistus, a Greek sage, who is said to be a reincarnation of Thoth. It contains a number of books that explain the Creation, how life on
|Earth relates to life 'Above',
how the soul (Ka) detaches from the body, in short – everything! This
is the oldest mystic scripture and perhaps the most important one.
Many people claim that the rings and pendants that he creates somehow contain spirituality.
I began to read and felt myself connected with ancient knowledge. My life began to be more fluid and things began to develop quickly. When I looked at a concept, I was able to understand it immediately. I then came up with the idea of jewelry. I felt the need to express these forms outwardly, to realize them. My first item was the Merkaba – a two-dimensional Star of David – which I gave it away to a friend, who was an addict, a hopeless junky. Two weeks later he quit drugs and cigarettes and even became a vegetarian. I personally wear the Kabalistic Key of Sureness, which is also a very interesting symbol. It stands for the idea that whatever I do does not stem from my own ego, but from a higher being.
David is pre-eminently connected to the ancient Egyptian symbols and buildings, because they contain so many enjoyable aspects of holy geometry. Sacred geometry combines religious and cultural values with the most perfect geometrical forms that are present in the Creation. You see these under a microscope in the first cell
|of an embryo, in the crystals of
a snowflake, and in the pattern of a lotus flower that unfolds with the
morning sun. You see it also in the great pyramid of Gizeh, in the
Cathedral of Chartres and in many mosques.
As a young boy I understood that something must command all this and I wanted to look for it.
Patterns that express wholeness and therefore are far more important to David than his religious symbols. "I want to find something that unites people instead of divides them, something that transcends religion. This probably has to do with the fact that I live in Israel, not the quietest place on earth. There is a great deal of violence here. Different population groups wage life-and-death struggles with each other. And all of them, interesting enough, fight in the name of God. I discovered that most people do not understand anything about the idea of the oneness and beauty hidden in holy geometry. Just look at the patterns and you will see the hand of God! Once in a while I still read the bible and then in between the lines I re-discover fascinating indications and concepts. I once went to a Rabbi and told him about all my fascinating ideas. He listened to me and said: “Listen to me, you have found the Truth, but keep it to yourself. Don't talk about it because tragically, no one will understand it.”
The idea of eternity and especially of universal oneness is probably too
|difficult for most
want to have nothing to do with it and they mainly perceive the
division fanned by all religions. Moses understood that he would not be
able to explain the message of oneness to his people. He climbed the
mountain, received the secret of the Creation there and thought that it
is far too overwhelming and complicated to explain. That's why he came
down with 10 simple commandments: Do not steal, do not kill, do not
commit adultery, honor your mother and father, etc. It had to be made
simple, because his people in the desert could not understand anything
else. They believed in different Gods and now they were given
guidelines for uniting. You see the same development in Christianity.
Compare the immensely rich ideas that come from the Gnostic documents
found in Nag Hammadi with the traditional preaching of the Church
Fathers up until this century. Everything they preached was focused on
strengthening a sense of superiority, not on the message of oneness and
enlightenment, which was, what Jesus preached. Sacred geometry
transcends division and schisms. One glance at the lotus flower and you
are one with God."
For more information: www.ka-gold-jewelry.com
Two silver pendants designed by David Weizman, the Tree of Life and the Melchizedek Key, can be ordered through Happinez Homeshopping. See page 162.
TEXT: NAN LUURSEMA STYLING SETS KRINGS
PHOTOGRAPHY: ERIC VAN LOKVEN
10. The Five Metal Ring brings success and protection to its wearer. The design is based on an old Kabalistic text. This ring can be made only one or two times per month, between 1:00 and 06:00 at night and depending Jupiter's position with respect to the moon. The Kabalistic text says that this way the ring can capture the power of Jupiter, which is the planet of development, growth and success. The ‘stone’ in the ring is built up layer-by-layer out of silver, copper, tin and lead, and covered with gold. The rest of the ring is silver and engraved with the letters S-A-L (for abundance) and A-D-L (for protections). Both are part of the 72 names of God.
11. Some of David's clients that wear the Gordian Knot have told him that in their dreams at night they find the solutions to problems they had encountered during the day. "I think that happens because the Gordian Knot symbolizes the idea of oneness that connects everything."
|» Sacred Geometry|
|» Merkaba jewelry|
|» Egyptian jewelry|
|» Astrology jewelry
|» Tree of life jewelry|
|» Jewish Jewelry|
|» Kabbalah Jewelry|
|» New Age jewelry
|» Tibetan jewelry|
|» Japanese jewelry|
|» Buddhist jewelry
|» Eco jewelry|
|» Personal Talismans|
|» Motivational jewelry
|» Browse by Meaning|
|» Browse by Gemstone|
|» Browse by Design
|» New Creations|
|FROM THE PRESS|